6/11/11

A Front Yard Farm Update!


So much to do and so little time!! Today's goals: plant my peppers, some remaining herbs, stake my tomatoes, put up the trellis for my edamame, and do something with that boulevard I have covered with a small dirt pile still awaiting some insectary plants! Today's accomplishments? Well in between caring for 21 month old twins and an energetic 6 year old who decided today he hates weeding, I planted a few of my plants awaiting a home, weeded tons, and got that trellis netting up. And according to the 6 yo the most important task: picking the first (and only) ripe strawberry from our strawberry bed.
Here's how things are looking now:

The center will some day be full of asparagus! For now, just some odds 'n ends and soon to be lots of lettuce. The empty spot on the outer ring is where I just harvested my spinach. Will put some peppers there shortly! Around the rest of it are sugar snap peas, melons, beans, onions, tomatoes, tomatillos, ground cherries, several herbs. The small little bed in the back right corner has edamame and soon to be delicata squash (my favorite!).

Potatoes are happily growing in their burlap bags. (Thanks Dunn Bros!)

The strawberry bed in back is successfully protected from squirrels with some netting draped over pvc pipe.


And hopefully tomorrow I can give these guys their new home!


1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty keyhole garden. The loss of the front yard is no big loss.

    ReplyDelete